6 Antworten in diesem Thema

#1 jcs03988952

jcs03988952

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 4 Beiträge

Geschrieben 29 März 2013 - 16:26

After being very pleased initially with the free version of Backup Maker I have started getting frequent large screens stating the I need to upgrade to the professional edition to remove it. None of the reviews or descriptions mention this annoyance.

The current one is referring to Easter.

The normal screen (appears every day) seems to imply that the program is assuming that I am not using the program for solely personal use - I am! The message states that the screen is removed in the professional version.

Is this normal behaviour? If so I will have to abandon this software and use an alternative backup program. If not - how do I get rid of it.

#2 AStroebel (ASCOMP)

AStroebel (ASCOMP)

Administrator

• Admin
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 5.564 Beiträge

Geschrieben 29 März 2013 - 19:58

Hello,

it is normal and the only difference (technically) between free and full version.

You cannot remove this screen other than buying a full license. It's the same way like e.g. Avira works.

Viele Gruesse / Best regards

Andreas Stroebel, ASCOMP Software GmbH

#3 MuHcOw

MuHcOw

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 2 Beiträge

Geschrieben 04 November 2013 - 14:27

Hello there,

I'm sorry for reviving this some what old thread, but I have another question about the Splash Screen that pops up when using the free edition.

I have setup windows scheduler to run Backup Maker, which then executes a small .vbs-script and a few .bat-files before the backup starts. When finished Backup Maker shuts down again.

The thing is the Splash Screen - It wasn't there when I installed Backup Maker, but it's there now..

My question is - Do I have to click the Splash Screen before Backup Maker performs the actual backup or does Backup Maker run just fine in the background while the Splash Screen is shown ??

Kind regards

#4 AStroebel (ASCOMP)

AStroebel (ASCOMP)

Administrator

• Admin
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 5.564 Beiträge

Geschrieben 04 November 2013 - 14:36

Hello,

as far as I know it should run fine with the splash screen in front, too.

Viele Gruesse / Best regards

Andreas Stroebel, ASCOMP Software GmbH

#5 MuHcOw

MuHcOw

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 2 Beiträge

Geschrieben 04 November 2013 - 15:29

Okay - Thank you very much!!

Fast reply too  :-)

Kind regards

#6 jestith

jestith

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 1 Beiträge

Geschrieben 05 Oktober 2014 - 15:47

I agree the very frequent nag screens make me like the product less each time. If they were less often, as with AVG for instance,I wouldn't feel the same way. it would be good if the product was clearly labeled adware.

#7 seh

seh

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 8 Beiträge

Geschrieben 11 Oktober 2014 - 16:21

I'm at a loss to understand the complaints about the nag screen.  You're getting a fully functional program at no charge.  If the nag screen is bothersome, it's easy to get rid of - purchase the software!

Besucher die dieses Thema lesen: 0

Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 0, unsichtbare Mitglieder: 0