BuckSkin

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 5 Beiträge

Geschrieben 05 März 2017 - 22:41

Hi; new member and first post.

Version 5.1.0.0 on Windows 7 Pro

I have the program set to synchronize my photo image folder tree in one direction from one external hard-drive to another; run every 600 minutes; verify the integrity of synchronized files.

I have been using Synchredible for a couple months and am well pleased with it; however, there are a couple snags that worry me.

1. I have found several instances where Synchredible has created the correct folders, but not the images within.

2. On about every third run of the process, it will come up with "warnings"; sometimes only one; sometimes several, usually all consecutive in the same folder. These warnings will be image files that Synchredible has corrupted in such a manner that I cannot open them in any of my photo programs or viewers; most of the time, these corrupted files will be PSD files, but I have had several jpegs to become corrupted as well.

I know for absolute fact that there was nothing wrong with these files prior to Synchredible running it's process; in fact, many of these files were perfectly okay through several synchronizations before they become corrupted.

Am I the only one experiencing this random corruption of files ?  

What could be causing this and how do I prevent it ?

Thanks for reading.

#2 AStroebel (ASCOMP)

AStroebel (ASCOMP)

Administrator

• Admin
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 5.537 Beiträge

Geschrieben 05 März 2017 - 23:02

Hello,

Am I the only one experiencing this random corruption of files ?

Yes, you are for sure the only one. If you are writing about source files: Synchredible opens source files in read-only mode. There is no way that Synchredible corrupts source files at all!

If you are writing about destination files: Might be that Synchredible tries to write the files but process gets blocked by something, so Synchredible cannot write the entire file.

What could be causing this and how do I prevent it ?

I can't remember that we had such an issue ever, so I have no idea what it could be. Might be a hardware issue as well, but once again: we never had that and so I have no idea what it could be.

Viele Gruesse / Best regards

Andreas Stroebel, ASCOMP Software GmbH

#3 BuckSkin

BuckSkin

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 5 Beiträge

Geschrieben 06 März 2017 - 00:47

The affected files are always in the source.

As you say, maybe I have something in my system that is doing this and it is only coincidence that it only becomes evident when they are being synchronized.

It makes me feel much better about using Synchredible to know that this problem is unique to me; but then, it now makes me wonder just what the culprit is.

Since Synchredible is obviously not the guilty dog, then this is actually another benefit of running the program; as, it regularly searches through the entire collection and flags any problems with a warning.

Thanks for your quick response. 

#4 AStroebel (ASCOMP)

AStroebel (ASCOMP)

Administrator

• Admin
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 5.537 Beiträge

Geschrieben 06 März 2017 - 12:09

I could imagine that a buggy antivirus software could cause such an issue. Since Synchredible accesses the source files, the files might be scanned when synchronizing. But that's just an idea.

Of course, it could be a hardware issue also (corrupt disk).

Viele Gruesse / Best regards

Andreas Stroebel, ASCOMP Software GmbH

#5 BuckSkin

BuckSkin

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 5 Beiträge

Geschrieben 06 März 2017 - 19:34

I could imagine that a buggy antivirus software could cause such an issue. Since Synchredible accesses the source files, the files might be scanned when synchronizing. But that's just an idea.

Of course, it could be a hardware issue also (corrupt disk).

Those are definitely possibles and I will check them out.

Thank you for your quick responses.

Please change the title of this thread to "What could be corrupting my image files?" so that others won't get the wrong idea; thanks.

Besucher die dieses Thema lesen: 0

Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 0, unsichtbare Mitglieder: 0