#1 guerrez

guerrez

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 2 Beiträge

Geschrieben 14 Februar 2017 - 21:00

Hello everybody,

I have just started using Synchredible and first of all: well done!

I have some suggestions:

1 Start the synchronization with deleting the files: I had problems on running out of space, synchronizing new big files and deleting others at the same time was quite a challenge!

2 The preview of synchronization does not show detail of dimension of every single files and as well is missing also a total amount of data that will be added and deleted. (now it shows just  filename and path)

3 would be nice to be able to open a log file during the synchronization to understand the number of files already processed and the ones still to be processed.

Last but not least: The overall speed of synchronization seems quite low, is it true? Not only at the beginning, during "comparing files", but also the file transfer and when you want to cancel a synchronization task.

I am using a NAS and normally reaching 90MB/s with synchredible the transfer rate cannot reach 30MB/s.

Appreciated for your efforts! Thank you!!

guerrez

#2 AStroebel (ASCOMP)

AStroebel (ASCOMP)

Administrator

• Admin
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 5.559 Beiträge

Geschrieben 15 Februar 2017 - 11:02

Hello,

you can try to increase speed by changing buffer size in main menu "Options". Just try different values and compare speed.

Canceling synchronization will take effect after current file has been processed, so if a large file is being copied at the time of clicking "Cancel", it can last some time until task gets canceled.

Viele Gruesse / Best regards

Andreas Stroebel, ASCOMP Software GmbH

#3 guerrez

guerrez

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 2 Beiträge

Geschrieben 15 Februar 2017 - 18:17

Thank you for the answer,

I confirm that canceling a synchronization while synchronizing a small file is much faster than a big one as you said. 

Still increasing the buffer to 256kB or 512kB respect 64 kB increased but still transfer rate is way lower than the usual with Windows.

I am surprised that even for just deleting files is quite slow. What could be the cause?

thanks!

#4 AStroebel (ASCOMP)

AStroebel (ASCOMP)

Administrator

• Admin
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 5.559 Beiträge

Geschrieben 15 Februar 2017 - 20:23

Your antivirus software or firewall for example.

Viele Gruesse / Best regards

Andreas Stroebel, ASCOMP Software GmbH

Besucher die dieses Thema lesen: 1

Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 1, unsichtbare Mitglieder: 0