#1 Ed Zeppelin

Ed Zeppelin

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 1 Beiträge

Geschrieben 25 Februar 2013 - 09:14

Hi,

Backup Maker is a nice program, except I seem to be running into a problem whereby once I select partial backup, it still backs up all my documents regardless of whether they are new/changed or old. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to be able to work out how to get around it.

I'm not sure whether one reason could be because I have the backup instance set as 0.

The proceedure I've been following is to attach my external HDD, which also contains a folder containing the previous back ups, to my computer. I open the program and select my saved backup job from the backup group window. The date of my previous backup is displayed. I click the start button, which then brings up the window saying 'user confirmation required'. In this window I select 'Execute partial backup' and then I navigate to the folder on my external HDD. Then I select 'OK' and the program begins to work but backs up everything regardless.

It seems like the program hasn't been able to remember which files had and hadn't been backed up previously and which ones had changed.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong? It would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

#2 wunder

wunder

Neu bei uns

• Mitglieder
  • PIP
  • 9 Beiträge

Geschrieben 25 Februar 2013 - 17:34

My software is working correctly for partial backups, but my drive stays attached to my computer.   You may want to try checking the boxes in step 6- backup up files with archive bit set and reset archive bit on backed up file.  That should work regardless of the state of the previous backups.

Besucher die dieses Thema lesen: 0

Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 0, unsichtbare Mitglieder: 0